This week we have begun some exciting projects to work on beautifying areas around the school. As the projects progress we will be using our knowledge to create art which will involve the use of many of our senses. Everyone voted on which projects they would like to work on. After the groups were assigned we had our initial planning meeting with our group mentor. We were told about the problems which need addressing and were given a research task to help us develop ideas to address the problem. The areas we are working on are:
1. Plants for the garden that can survive with little water.
2. Plants for the garden to attract sunbirds.
3. A sound garden.
4. Ways to make the upper playground more fun and attractive.
5. A decorative piece for the ESL room.
6. The front guard's office.
7. Decorations for the ground floor corridor.
We have come up with many creative ideas and are ready for feedback from our mentoring teachers about ways in which we can proceed further.